Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Podcasts

Subscribed to the podcast feed from George C. Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute Minnesota, which is listed on the Library Success wiki - the Gordon Library has put up library-related podcasts from a range of perspectives - student orientation, library science, library history. I listened to a brief resource overview of Architectural Graphic Standards which I loaded onto the MP3 player.

Compared to some of the other technologies in Learning 2.0 it hardly takes much thought to appreciate the huge potential of podcasting in a library context - instructional, tours, the library's public lecture program, oral history, are just some of the more obvious ones.

Also listened to a podcast on the British Library site of authors discussing the archiving of their own papers. The technology just makes such a huge amount of information readily available - essentially they're just recordings in another format but it's the accessibility and delivery of them which makes so much difference. I'm going to make a selection from the Online Education Database to load onto the player.

No comments: